You would think that after all this time that my heart and mind would be more at peace when I enter through those gates on the mountain. But for some reason, I can't get accustomed to the procedure. I can't get used to seeing her in prison garb and having to do things in certain ways. I can't adjust to not holding her hand too long. I have a kink in my neck from watching the guards watch me. Knowing that their eyes and ears are watching and listening, that a video camera is taping my every move. It breaks my heart each time. Yet to see her stride across the room with a smile is worth it all. We went to see her a week ago. Frank, Jaron and I. It was the first time in 5 years that we were all together, other than her sentencing...at that point we couldn't even talk to her. So we sat at the table and laughed, talked, ate from a vending machine and played a game of "Sorry". Jaron and Krista teased each other and it felt so good to see my children interact. I looked around the table and was so thankful that we had this opportunity. Krista may be in prison but she is alive.
There is light at the end of the tunnel. July 2010...about 13 months to go. But it will be a hard 13 months. Time is passing so slowly for her. Her world is very small and life in there is taking its toll. She has struggled in her health and her emotions find themselves all over the map. She needs your prayers as she gets past this last year...she needs prayer for her paperwork to be completed, her papers are set for her to be in Kansas since she was arrested there. We need to get them changed for Kentucky and this isn't always easy.
Valerie is in Ct and Rena is in Minn. This has been another adjustment for her. But I know that she will be okay.
Thank you from all of us for your love and prayers. Our life in Kentucky has been quite the adventure...I have missed Canada so much but know that God has placed us here. I went up to Vulcan, Alberta to visit, the end of March. It was sooo good to see friends, people who know and love Krista. My heart was stirred as I was at Pat and Laurie Schneiders and Logan took me to his room to show me his stuff. I have talked about Logan before on this blog. Krista loves him as if he were her own little brother. He is 11 years old. As he showed me his treasures, he showed me a blanket on the end of his bed. I recognized it immediately. Krista has made it for him in the prison, she had sent it to me and I sent it on to Logan. As he showed me the blanket, he explained to me that he did not sleep with it. I didn't have time to react as he continued. "I don't want to get it dirty because then it will have to be washed!" He picked up the blanket and buried his nose in it..."Smell it, it smells like Krista. If I wash it then her smell will go away." Tears flowed down my cheeks, I knew exactly what he was talking about. I have my own blanket and feel the same way. How many times have I buried my nose in it, taken a deep intake of breath and smelled my daughter. She is sooo loved by so many. Thank you for your love for her. We wouldn't make it without your love and prayers!
The following is a message from Krista to you all!
Hey Everyone,
How are you all?? As for me I am doing good. I just had a wonderful visit with mom, dad and Jaron. We had lots of fun. I forgot how funny I am! Sorry I haven't updated for awhile but honestly not much happens here for me to report. I work in Safety now and it's a good job. I get lots of off time to work on my tan. Yes I am getting nice and dark.. well does red count as dark?? I mean it is a different color than white!! I am very dedicated to my working out. I have lost 11 lbs since March. That is good for me. I have a few more to go. I have been trying to stay busy since both my bestfriends are gone. Rena is in Minn. and Val is in Ct. so I am the last of the Mohicans! It's lonely in here at times but when God closes one door he opens another. I think it's good for me to establish some independency since I can be so reliant on others. I still have a few good friends but it's not the same. Well that's about it for me. Love you and Miss you!! Thanks for all your prayers!!
Krista
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Please email me! I have a question about your blog :)
HeatherVonsj@gmail.com
Post a Comment